Warton St Paul's Church of England Primary Academy
Mrs L Dean
Warton St Paul's has a Church of England foundation and has served it's community since 1821
We are a happy school where children enjoy learning and playing together. We recognise that every child is unique and all staff work hard to ensure that each child reaches their full potential in all aspects of school life.
“Believe, Belong, Be the best that you can be!”
At St Paul’s School we encourage everyone to explore the Christian faith by nurturing a sense of awe and wonder, curiosity and purpose to be happy in mind and spirit.
For He is before all things and in Him all things hold together. Colossians 1 v17
We belong to a Christian family which loves cares for and accept us all, by valuing us for who we are.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4 v32
Be the best that you can be!
We are lifelong learners with and unfailing belief in our limitless potential.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4 v3
Our mission statement above embodies our St. Paul's ethos - Faith and family are at the heart of our commitment to enable all our children to fulfil their potential in every aspect of their lives - academic and spiritual.
As a Church school we feel we have a unique opportunity to model Christian Values to every member of our school community. Across the whole school day and across the whole curriculum we show our pupils how being a Christian makes a difference. Not just in worship and in RE lessons, but in the way we approach everything that goes on in our school.We try to make sure that in everything we do, in all our documentation, in the school organisation and management it’s obvious that our school is distinctive because of our faith.
We make sure our learning environment includes:
- a deliberate attempt to link the gospel of Christ with the daily life of the school;
- an atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance and respect;
- a sensitivity to individual needs where children's self-esteem and confidence grow and where they feel able to make mistakes without fear of criticism;
- partnership between adults and children;
- sensitivity towards the beliefs, hopes and fears of parents;
- providing stepping stones to and from the community;
- a curriculum that combines academic rigour with fun, sensitivity and prayerfulness.
We make sure we offer our pupils the opportunity to:
- reflect on the importance of a system of personal belief
- recognize the place a Christian faith has in the lives of people
- develop a sense of wonder, awe, curiosity and mystery?
- understand the difference between right and wrong and the consequences of their actions for themselves and others
- be creative, questioning and imaginative within a broad Christian framework that recognizes the importance of experience, personal values and respect for the beliefs of others
- recognize, respect and celebrate cultural diversity
Because we actively subscribe to these values we know it affects what goes on in the school. We want the children and parents to know us by our actions and not just by our words!
School contact details are:
Telephone number - 01772 632364
Email - email@example.com